Tuesday, November 27, 2012

MAKING ROOM

With the holiday season upon us I've been doing some cleaning - holiday cleaning I guess you could call it...vs. spring cleaning?  I've had some clothes that I haven't worn in a while, H has grown out of some of his (of course), and he's got some toys that he's outgrown too.

It's all perfect, really, because I know that between his birthday and mine and the holidays, we'll have more stuff coming in that I frankly don't have room for.  So this mass purging couldn't have been more perfect if I planned it.  Maybe my subconscious did?

Of course, I'll be donating all of the old things as always and anything that's too worn will get tossed.  For a little guy, H is actually pretty careful with his things (obsessor).  I've found that local daycares and playgroups really go wild for the old toys and if you don't have friends, family, or neighbors with younger kids then the Salvation Army is always a great place to donate the clothes.

And H doesn't mind giving his toys away because I explain to him what we're doing - giving the younger kids the toys and clothes that he doesn't use anymore because they'll use them more than he will.  He actually thinks it's great.  That's a win, win, win in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment