Saturday, June 16, 2012

LIVING LIFE

I made my way to Pottery Barn last Sunday for an Outdoor Entertaining Class as part of my Living Life to the Fullest exercise.  Keep in mind, I don’t have any outdoor space but I figure I will someday so I’ll need inspiration and I love this kind of stuff so of course I signed up.  Throughout the class though I couldn’t help but feel depressed, suddenly claustrophobic, and almost desperate to move. 

Thankfully the teacher, Leslie, had TONS of great ideas for bringing the outdoors in as well so class wasn’t a total flop.  I learned how to use low- to no-cook summer meals in entertaining so I can avoid heating the apartment unnecessarily with the oven, how to decorate with outdoor elements in ways I had never thought of, and (best part) how to repurpose things I already have (like glassware) so as not to waste valuable storage space in my NYC apartment.

My class mate was a woman about twenty years older than me who just bought a house in South Hampton for her family so I lived vicariously through her; planning her 4th of July party and her husband’s birthday in mid July.  We brainstormed on favor ideas and on what food and drinks to serve, how to set the table, and what décor would work best.  It was great.  I was hinting at invites but I don’t think she was getting it.  It’s OK, I have other friends with outdoor spaces that I can mooch off of until my dream for fresh air space becomes a reality.  And when it does, you better believe that I’ll be ready to throw a doozie of an event! 

Experience Result?  Success!



So, I'm torn.  Do I post my experiences here and list them under Challenges and encourage you guys to tell me about your own experiences?  Or leave them on Facebook as I've been doing?  What do you guys think?  Or both??  Oy.

3 comments:

  1. It think you should write about it on here under challenges and then post it to FB and Twitter. Also great idea about having people tell you about their experiences as well :) As always LOVE your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I could have just written BOTH.. haha

      Delete
    2. I think you're right. I'll see about linking up, etc. Thanks for the info & support...as always!

      Delete