Tuesday, June 19, 2012

USE IT OR LOSE IT, SISTER!

Spring cleaning is for the birds.  I go through my closets any time I get the urge…and whenever I’m stressed; I don’t need a season to dictate when to clean.  Hey, stress cleaning beats downing a pint of Ben & Jerry’s in one sitting, no?  Warning: purging always sparks a big shopping trip for me, so I'm telling you now – it can be dangerous.  You’ll get a sense of what your wardrobe is lacking while making room for the new stuff.  Helloooo?!  If that doesn’t say MUST SHOP then I don’t know what does.

There are those who hold on to old clothes dying for the day they'll come back in style.  From 60’s mod to 90’s grunge.  And it will come back, every style always comes back in some way, shape, or form.  But not necessarily how you’d like it to.  I’m not arguing vintage here; authentic vintage is cool.  I’m talking old.  You have to admit that Kim K (love or hate her) makes shoulder pads look WAY better than power suits of the 80’s did.  And I’m willing to bet your high school jeans won’t look as hot the second time around even if you do get back to fighting weight.  They'll just be mom jeans this time around.

Rule of thumb?  If you haven’t worn something in 1 maybe 2 years (I’m being kind with 2), you’re never going to wear it again.  You’re not, even if you have the best of intentions.  So give it away already!  But not to a friend.  Don’t you dare give those high school jeans to a friend!  Your closet will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment