Monday, June 18, 2012

MHM! #obsession

Don't judge, but I have really sweaty feet.  There, I admitted it.  They don't smell, they just sweat more than I think a normal person's feet should sweat.  I've recently contemplated Botox for my soles but I don't think the sweat is running my life in such a way that I need to go that route.  I tweeted last week about taking care of your clothes, and I think you should take good care of all of your things, shoes included.  So when I finally got tired of coming up with ways to keep the insides of my shoes as nice as the outsides, I realized I needed help.  And what I've really taken a liking to is "Odor Stoppers" cushion insoles for shoes...today's Must Have Monday!

I know there are more of you out there like me with a foot "issue" so don't pretend like I'm a freak.  I did my research and found that 8 million people suffer from sweaty feet and hands, so figure at least half suffer from sweaty feet alone.  So there.  And if you are one of those people, I highly recommend a product like this.  I buy the generic 2 pack for about $5, but I know Dr. Scholl's makes a similar product and I'm sure it's great as well.  The inserts can be cut to size (there's a chart right on the back of the insert) but then use whatever shoe you're wearing to trim to perfection.  You can even wash the inserts with soap and water so that you can wear them more than once. I'm not sure if I'd wear them more than a few times, but that's just me.  And since they're so cheap, it's not a big deal to grab some more when you need them.

Oh, and even if you don't have sweaty (or smelly) feet they'd be perfect if your shoes are just a little too big as they take up some room.  Sometimes a downfall if your shoes are already fitting just right.

I haven't quite figured out what to do with open toed shoes yet, maybe I trim the toe.  Maybe I do some more research?

No comments:

Post a Comment