Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I'VE GOT SOME 'SPLAININ' TO DO

OK, it's obvious I've been MIA for some time.  After a while my "cable situation" (as I refer to it now) was to blame, but I stopped posting for about a month because I. simply. couldn't. do. it.

I was feeling so overwhelmed, exhausted, and out of ideas, to be completely frank.  Life was just too much.  I don't consider myself a typical single mom because H's dad is very much involved...but via another state so he's not here to help me with the day to day.  Add going back to work full time to the mix, H starting school and the challenges that come with that, trying to squeeze my workouts in (bc I'm miz if I don't), all while keeping up with the day to day.  Coming up with fresh ideas to write about just wasn't fun anymore.  I think I had a break from reality for a while there if not a breakdown and, as a result, realized that I needed to let some things go.

It's tough being a single mom; doing every little thing on your own.  Especially if you're like me and feel like you have to be perfect and do it all.  If there are any moms out there - single or not - who have ideas to help not just me but other readers, please post.  Because I think any advice we can give each other, big or small, will not only help but will make us feel more normal.  And knowing we're not the only "crazy" ones out there stressing over how we're going to find time to bake for our kid's school makes us feel good too.

I now know that it's OK if I can't get it all done because while I want to be all things for everyone in my life (particularly myself - hello?  I'm an Obsessor, lol) I have to let some things go sometimes so I can be present in the moment for the things that truly matter.  If the dishes have to sit in the sink overnight so I can properly put my son to bed, no one's going to die.  I know that now.

So I'm back and excited to write.  Still planning to stick to the old schedule of MHM with regular posts on Tuesdays and Thursdays but if I miss a day you'll know why.  And my cable is still down as of right now and a girl can only drink so much coffee and eat so much sushi (shout out to Tobiko in Astoria for the free wifi...and delicious sushi), so until I'm up and running at home you'll have to bear with.  Thank goodness for Post Settings on Blogger.

Keep it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment