Thursday, November 22, 2012

I'M THANKFUL

This is a great week to come back because there's so much to be thankful for.  On the East Coast (in NYC especially) if the last few weeks have taught us nothing else (again) it's to be thankful for what we have.

Our lives may feel crappy and overwhelming at times but at least we have them.  Of course, of course, everyone is bound to have bad days, face difficult situations, and stressful things happen in our lives sometimes on a daily basis.  Actually, I think overall I had a pretty rough year myself, but life is too short to dwell on the negatives.  If you have your loved ones with you, a roof over your head, and your health, I think I can safely argue that that is what truly matters.

I'm OK with where I am now, feeling fortunate, and wanting to give back especially on this day of all days.  If you are too, check out what local churches or food banks in your area are doing.  You may even find ideas on your city's website.  You can even type "thanksgiving volunteer (your city) 2012" into your browser to see what pops up.  Can't physically volunteer?  New Yorkers: City Harvest is taking $10 donations via Groupon to feed 40 New Yorkers Thanksgiving meals.  Because, honestly, people (children!) without food is a real issue worth stressing over.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Enjoy the time with your friends and families.

No comments:

Post a Comment