Monday, August 27, 2012

MHM! #obsession

Move over you know who.  This week's Must Have Monday is for when I need a little caffeine pick me up during the day.  Yes, I make my lattes at home every morning but every once in a while I treat myself to what I've found to be the most delicious coffee in all of everywhere.  Seriously.

I had never heard of Blue Bottle Coffee www.bluebottlecoffee.com until I started working in Rockefeller Center.  Tucked away in a back corner of 30 Rock is this little gem of a coffee shop.  They focus on simplicity and truly tasty coffee.  I don't know what I love about them the most, there's too much to choose.

  • The hipsters behind the counter are legit.  They bike to work, wear newsboy caps with vests and tortoise shell glasses, are super nice, and they all live in Brooklyn.  I'm totally generalizing and making most of that up, but that's the story I give them.  
  • The care taken in the foamed-milk designs on the top of my lattes puts a genuine smile on my face.  There are hearts, swirls, and once I swear I saw a flower.  I always feel bad stirring the sugar into my drink and then putting a cover on.  The baristas know everyone's going to eff up their designs but they continue to make them anyway...with love and a smile.  
  • The menu is refreshingly simple.  You won't find pumpkin triple pump, half caff, no whip, blah, blah, blah here.  The first time I walked in and looked at the menu I thought, this can't be right.  But then realized, yes it can.   
  • Their fixins' bar is simple too.  1 bottle of natural sugar, 1 bottle of honey, a tray of spoons for stirring, and empty tray to drop your dirty spoon into, lids, napkins.  Done and done.
  • Instead of using bags for the small selection of treats they offer, they use coffee filters.  Simple and oh so cool.
Oh, and did I mention the coffee is really, really good?  Check out their site (you'll get their vibe once you do) to see if there's one near you (CA, and NY).


No comments:

Post a Comment