Tuesday, July 17, 2012

CHRISTMAS IN JULY

We celebrate Santa in my family and every year I’m determined to start slash finish shopping early.  Like, early meaning that I’m not shopping on Christmas Eve.  That’s right, I totally procrastinate when it comes to holiday shopping.  I won’t use the word unorganized because once I finally get to it, I’m totally regimented and I get down to business: gift lists, stores to visit, wrapping paper breakdown.  It’s no joke.  But the shopping issue can definitely be categorized as procrastination and there has to be something behind it.  Something had to have happened to me as a kid during the holidays that I’ve blocked from my memory because I do this every freaking year.

So, here's my plan for this year, the grand scheme if you will.  I’m challenging myself to start and finish early for real.  And, of course, I’ve broken it down into tasks by month.  1) Excel list (natch) with names & gift ideas done by the end of this month.  2) Shopping started by August, finished by October.  3) Gifts wrapped by November.  Think I can swing it?  I’ll sure try.  I’m usually pretty good once I put pressure on myself and have a plan in action so I'm feeling good about this. 

You know I’ll post my trials and tribulations via FB and Twitter, maybe add addendums here.  And friends and family, don’t for a minute think I’m going to list actual gifts on here.  Nice try.

Only problem?  Where to store everything once I have it.  Maybe I can turn that into another challenge as I go.  Oh, and feel free to join me on this journey if you'd like - or I'm down for some free advice if you have any.  You can post here if you're so inclined.


1 comment: