Thursday, August 2, 2012

BE PREPARED

I was obviously not a Boy Scout and, tear, missed the Girl Scout wagon too.  My parents signed me up for extra curriculars like it was my job as a kid, but the two things I actually asked to do – karate and Brownies (starter version of GS) - I never got to do.  Go figure.  I guess I make up for the latter by always being prepared at a moment’s notice.  And you can be too.

There will always be a time when you need a little something for a dinner at a friend’s house, a party gift, whatever, yet you won’t have tons of time to get it.  If you keep some things on hand, however, there will never be a reason to stress.  Keep a few extra bottles of wine in your cooler and blank cards in your gift station (more to come on the gift station later), and if you've saved photos of inspirational hostess gifts that you’ve come across over time (see Say Cheese!), same same.  Put a reminder in your calendar and run out the week of and buy something that you’ve had your eye on. 

Feeling me?  Put this to practice and you’ll seriously never have an excuse not to be ready at least a day or two before your party again.  No more rushing the day of, just show up and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment