Tuesday, July 3, 2012

TECHNOLOGY HATES ME

There's one part of life I'd rather have nothing to do with organizing and that's technology.  I dream of a world where phones come pre set with apps I'll love, my music up/downloaded and sorted into amazing playlists, my contacts already set with emails, cells, birthdays, addresses, and shoe sizes.  The new quadruple threat copy/print/scan/fax machine I got?  I hate that it's not smart enough to set itself up.  Honestly.  The fax that I specifically got it for is totally irrelevant now and I should stop worrying about even sending it out.  It sucks.

Technology isn't my thing so I don't care to spend the time figuring it out. If it’s not point and click (read: instant gratification) it’s going to be a long time before it’s functioning at it’s fullest potential in my house.  Why can’t it just work that way, btw?  Point & click?  I feel like the tech geeks of the world (all due respect) are smart enough to make things that easy for us tech losers.  Are you guys just messing with us commoners because you can?  I honestly think you like to see us struggle (I see how the Apple Geniuses smirk once they've helped me with what I consider a "serious problem".  They’re definitely getting joy out of my stupidity.  As they should be – I would if the tables were turned).

I’ve half-heartedly searched in the past for a technology organizer and they don’t seem to exist.  I know what some of you are thinking, but I don’t want a monthly membership.  I want a Technology Superhero who can jump in at a moment’s notice to help me get set up anytime I get a new device.  Too much to ask?  Well unless I find this elusive tech organizer I'm always going to feel lost in a world of technology disorganization. Which, as you can imagine, drives me crazy.  And I’ll always feel bad for my amazing devices.  They have great potential and I’m totally holding them back.  So Tech Superhero, if you're out there give me a shout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment