Thursday, July 5, 2012

LET'S GO CRAZY

Things get lost, life happens, I get it.  Especially if you have kids, those crazy buggers.  I can honestly say I’ve only lost maybe a handful of things in my whole life.  Well, maybe since I was old enough to be accountable for things.  I’m not holding 6 year old Sarah to the fire here.

“Yeah, it’s because you’re compulsive,” you’re saying.  Damn straight it is, I’m crazy compulsive.  But I tell you what - I’d rather be considered crazy than be out shopping for replacements over and over again hoping that this will be the time that Product X doesn’t disappear on me.  Hold up, what’s the definition of insanity?

If you’re constantly misplacing, then I know you’re constantly re-buying things that you wouldn’t have to if only you had a better system.  Drop the keys in a catchall like the stylish one from Potterybarn (below top), or try a cute lacquer box from West Elm (below bottom) to add a pop of color to your entry table.  If you put your work ID in the back pocket of your bag as soon as you leave the office, it’ll quickly become habit and then soon enough will always be there.  Swear to God.  And if Timmy’s school bag goes on the hook on his door each night, I’m thinking it’ll be there in the morning.  Ahh.  You’re saving time and money already.

Who’s crazy now??


No comments:

Post a Comment