Thursday, June 28, 2012

KNOW YOUR SH*T

I count things.  I like to count things.  There were 5 steps on the front porch of my house growing up, 4 on the back.  There are 6 houses on my street now with red awnings.  Mine is the second to last one.  There are 4 steps up to my house, and 13 up to my apartment door.

A little compulsive?  Ummmm, try totally.  But I can’t help it.  Maybe it’s my mind’s way of calming the noise.  I don’t know, I only minored in Psychology.  Counting has proven to be very helpful to me over the years though, I’ll tell ya.  And while I don’t recommend counting everything you come across, I do recommend keeping a running inventory of what’s in your house.  Whether you keep mental or physical lists or, at the very least, take quick peeks before you go shopping, you should know what you're sharing your space with.

This is what your life could look like if you follow my advice: out buying electronics and about to grab an extension cord?  Nope, already have 2 in the bin at home.  Buying false eyelashes for a friend (I seriously just got asked to do this) and need glue too?  No way, I have a whole bottle at home!  (Love me some fake eyelashes).

I’m not cheap, I’m aware - there's a difference.  Plus I hate creating waste.  I know what I need and what I don’t because I know my sh*t.  If I buy that extra cord or glue its only going to turn into the C word.  I don’t wear fake eyelashes THAT much. And I hate the C word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment