Thursday, September 20, 2012

I WISH I WERE IMELDA MARCOS


…for the shoe wardrobe only, not the political tribulations.  But unless I get a major storage unit or come up with some extreme solutions for my home, there’s no way I’m fitting all of those shoes in my living space.  Girl can dream though. 

A good shoe storage idea for us common folk is to get small shoe-like boxes (they don’t have to be standard shoe box size – they’re always a little too big), all in the same color.  Make it a fun color, live a little.  Take pictures of your shoes and print the pics out in a size large enough that you’ll be able to see when the boxes are up on a shelf.  Use Glue Dots to stick the pics to the boxes (this way you can easily swap shoes/pics out later) and you’re good to go.

Of course, I keep the shoes I wear on a regular basis on my shoe rack so I'm not always up and down in my closet but do what works for you.  I'm waiting for the day I'll have a huge walk in closet with shelves on which I can display my shoes without boxes but until then this works quite fine and I'm happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment