Friday, May 11, 2012

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST

We as humans like patterns in nature – songs have cool beats that we play imaginary drums or dance to, we’re mesmerized enough by the colors and designs in shirts so much so that we (gasp!) buy them, and zebras.  Just zebras.  For whatever reasons as humans we’re naturally drawn to order, pattern, and rhythm.  And it’s not un-cool to like these things.  No one’s ever made fun of me for liking a certain fabric, wearing a particular shirt, or singing along to a song.  I mean, they have, but not for the point I’m trying to make here.
So, why do I get teased for setting order to the other stuff in my life: my things, my time, my bills?  Why is it weird to people that my drinking glasses are lined up just so, my closet is color coordinated, and that I like to organize and reorganize my closets in order to de-stress?  Isn’t my behavior exactly what nature asks, requires, or dictates even?  I mean it’s been a while since I’ve studied Biology, but the name Darwin is suddenly coming to mind.  Based on the principles of all that is the world, we organized folk are slowly (in my mind, anyway) creeping up as the more fit of the species.  
Hmm.
All you haters better check yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment