Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'M DYING


I’m kind of obsessed with ombre hair right now.  I feel like Annie on 90210 started the trend a couple years ago then Khloe K brought it mainstream, and now every other celeb and non-celeb alike is on the funky highlight bandwagon.  And I want to be on that wagon too.  Of course, if I don’t get to the salon soon I’ll save some cash because my grown out color could pass as a sad version of ombre (ala house of not being on top of my game, obvi).

Think about it though, it could quite possibly be how the trend started.  A lazy celeb didn’t get to the salon on time and all of a sudden it’s cool to look undone…again.  I remember seeing a pic of Lee Lo before she made the point of (hopefully not) no return with chipped black polish in some magazine.  The caption was like, Lindsay’s unmanicured and looking cool.  Seriously?!  Where was that photog all the times when my manicure was a week and a half overdue and I was shamefully hiding my nails in my pockets, refusing to shake hands with new people I met?  I mean, come on!!

Unfortunately for me, I’m not a celebrity so I realize that when I don’t keep up with my beauty regimen I won’t be lauded as a trend setter.  Instead I’ll merely be considered lazy.  So I’ve found the best way to stay on top of my maintenance (yup, like a car) is to make future appointments while still at the current appointment.  Picking up what I’m putting down?  So as I pay for my cut, I schedule a follow up 2-3 months later.  At the dentist (mine’s awful at sending reminders) I’ve taken it into my own hands to keep on top of my biannual checkups, and so on.  If scheduling so far in advance seems super nutso then set a reminder in your phone for a couple weeks out from the appointment, write it down somewhere, or have the receptionist give you a card to hang on the fridge (I hate and refuse these cards at all costs but do what you need to do, just don’t tell me).  The best part of this exercise is that you’ll get the best appointment day and time.  And true, you may not know what you’ll be up to in 3 months so it’s OK if you have to move things around if life dictates.

While you wrap your head around all this I’ll be calling my stylist to go ombre for real.  Because this is probably something best left in the hands of a seasoned pro, not poor planning.  And in the future I’ll be sure to follow my own words of wisdom more strictly so as not to have a Lee Lo moment (sans paparazzi and adoring fans, natch).

No comments:

Post a Comment